Description of Speed Test & Video 4G / 5G / Wifi, Coverage maps [7.31.1-1]
Speed Test & Video 4G / 5G / Wifi, Coverage maps [7.31.1-1] updated on Wednesday January 19, 2022 is the Tools for Android developed by OpenSignal.com
The free OpenSignal app is packed with features to help you accurately measure the everyday experience you receive on your mobile network. No estimates. Includes:
• Download speed, upload speed and latency test, test speeds on cellular or wifi
• History of speed tests, visualized on a map or list
• Stats on network availability – how much time you are connected to 2G, 3G, 4G, or have no signal
• Stats on speeds experienced on all networks worldwide
• Independent coverage maps made with data contributed by users
• Free and ad-free
In detail: Speed test
The speed test runs a 10-sec download test, 10-sec upload test and multiple ping tests to determine the speed you will most likely experience. The speed test runs on common internet CDN servers. The speed result is calculated with the middle range of samples.
Run speed tests and use the speed test history to:
– Measure mobile network experience right now
– Compare speeds on wifi and on a mobile connection
– See on the map where the best places to connect are
– Find spots with the fastest speeds wherever you are: at home or at work, indoors or out
– Know the best time of day to use wifi or mobile data
– See how speeds change over time
– Diagnose mobile or wifi connection issues – a problem with an app or with the connection?
– Confirm a new or repaired wifi router works
Share speed tests on social media to:
– Compare speeds with users on the same mobile operator
– Find out if you should switch carriers or get a different device
In detail: Availability Stats
Availability is based on signal data. Collected when the screen is on, the app calculates the time you’ve spent on 2G, 3G, 4G or had no signal. This shows your network availability in the places you use your phone the most.
Use network availability to:
– Learn about your connection – do you have a 4G package, but don’t get 4G?
– Know if you get 3G or 4G in the places where you spend the most time
– Prove to your mobile operator that you have a problem – too much time on 2G?
In detail: Network Stats
OpenSignal has Network Stats for all operators worldwide. Network Stats is generated using speed test and signal data submitted in a 60-day period. Search for locations and Network Stats updates the download speed, upload speed and latency that users experienced in that area. Sort Network Stats by the metric that’s important to you.
Use Network Stats to:
– Compare speeds experienced on all operators in your area – could you have better speeds?
– Pick the best provider if you go abroad and need a local SIM card
– Choose the best location if you are considering different places to live
– Help you pick the provider to use for a second SIM card on a dual SIM phone
In detail: Coverage Maps
OpenSignal’s coverage maps are available for all operators and zoom in to street level. The coverage maps are based on signal experienced by users – where users have been, signal data is aggregated and appears on the map. Change in settings for color-blind friendly colors.
Use the coverage maps to:
– Check if you need to download things in advance of a journey
– Find areas with signal in a remote area
– Look for areas with 4G or only 2G/3G – should you be getting 4G based on the maps but are not? Check your device.
– Find out on which operator users experience the best signal in your area
– See the real coverage experienced – no estimates
By using the app, you automatically contribute data on speed and 2G, 3G and 4G LTE signal, which helps us understand how users experience mobile networks and can help the industry build better wireless networks. You can turn off data collection in Settings.
LOCATION: Means speed tests appear on a map. Also lets you contribute to Network Stats and Coverage Maps.
TELEPHONY: Helps us get better data on dual SIM devices
OpenSignal is changing, so help us improve! Join the beta community: http://opnsg.nl/beta-community.
Whats new of Speed Test & Video 4G / 5G / Wifi, Coverage maps [7.31.1-1]
Super-exciting changes in OpenSignal! We now give you the option to understand how your network impacts your video experience with our brand-new video test. See load time, buffering and smooth playback metrics, and review the tests you’ve run in the history tab now showing your video results alongside your speed history